Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Suitcase, Another Hall

My blog lives!

One might infer from the silence in this blog that the past couple of weeks have not been incredibly productive with respect to the dissertation. One might be more-or-less correct. But that's all over with now, as I have started up a new research fellowship in Philadelphia!

Today was move-in day. The only people who own cars and live in down town Philly are clearly 1) Rich 2) Insane or 3) Both. So my parents dropped me off at the Cassatt House, which is a townhouse for the fellows of the Library Company of Philadelphia (which happens to be next door.)

I, however, am a fellow of the American Philosophical Society, which is a mile away. Um. Yeah. But the rent's cheap and public transportation seems to be everywhere! Besides, a mile's practically nothing when you've spent hours slaving away conditioning your beloved old hiking boots so that there's the distinct possibility they'll actually last the whole month you're in Philly.

Research accomplished today:
I found the local Wawa, that count?

2 comments:

  1. Nice Evita reference. Take care of those boots, Daisy has gotten used to her RT hikes...and yes, finding the local Wawa is totally worth something. Do they have the fabulous sandwich counter!? I miss Wawa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having Wawa pretty much every day... ah, the Wawa meal plan, how I love you!

    ReplyDelete