Thursday, September 10, 2009

German Heroin

So I've been feeling tired all day today, and couldn't figure out why until a few minutes ago. Then I realized I didn't take my meds this morning. Oops. I'm one of those people who can read down a list of side-effects on my drugs and say, "Yup, yup, yup, double yup." One of the side-effects of Sudafed (the real stuff, you know, that they've outlawed and hidden behind the pharmacy counters) is it makes me hyper. Like, when they put me on the 24-hour Sudafed I didn't sleep for a couple of days. And when I forget to take my 12-hour Sudafed first thing in the morning, I feel tired. (Now you know the secret source of my superpower - use that knowledge wisely.)

Random archival weirdness: today, I saw someone vacuuming the cover of a 300-year-old book. I also read a book advertisement for a story starring a "German Heroin." Got to love early modern spelling!

And since Germany also makes me think of Norway (don't ask) I thought I'd share this other little historical entertainment with you:


Research accomplished today:
1) Read through a half dozen copies of Wingate's Arithmetic.
What, that not enough??

No comments:

Post a Comment