Know the country music song "Think Before He Cheats" ? It's all about a girl who destroys her boyfriend's car because he cheated on her. I like the song, but anyone who did that to MY car would get socked with 1) a lawsuit 2) a restraining order and 3) my brother, all in short order.
With all this in mind... I come down from my room this morning and find a rose sitting on the hood of my car. Very deliberately placed there, as you had to tromp through a planter and stand on a bush to get to the hood of my car. I was - and still am - thoroughly creeped out by this, as basically no one in Illinois knows me. Whoever my secret admirer is... I don't have the faintest idea who THEY are. And given the distinctiveness of my car (did I mention it currently has a bike rack sticking out of its trailer hitch?) I'm pretty sure they didn't mistake my car for someone else's.
Insult to injury - a spider decided to create a web between my tailgate and my bike last night. I knocked it off the bike and am hoping it will remove itself from my Precious of its own free will while I'm at work. More likely, it'll lurk around under the handle of my driver's side door and bite me when I try to go grocery shopping this evening. But hey, if a rejected and irate stalker/serial killer blows up my car the instant I open the door, I'll never have to die of the spider's poison.
Paranoid? Not me...
Research accomplished today:
1) Finished my latin arithmetic book
2) Searched through several manuscript finding aides and one small manuscript collection. Haven't transcribed any of the cool documents yet, just found them so I know where to start on Monday... err... Tuesday... because apparently Monday's Labor Day.
All I can say is... TGIF!
You're not paranoid if somebody's really out to stalk you. Now, if it turns out that every other car in the city had a rose placed on it ...
ReplyDeleteawww...a rose on the hood of your car is really cute! Or, it would be if you had a boyfriend or actually knew someone in the area who would have done that - but in the given circumstances...VERY sketchy...
ReplyDelete